Weightlifter suffers gruesome triple leg break during squat attempt [Photos]
A Russian weightlifter sustained a horrendous leg break while attempting a squat during a powerlifting event.
Yaroslav Radoshkevich snapped his leg in three places during the Eurasian Championship, held in Russia.
It was his third attempt at lifting 250kg, having failed the previous two attempts.
In the video, Radoshkevich can be seen approaching the bar surrounded by five spotters.
But even those watching over him attempt the lift weren't enough to prevent in the sickening injury from occurring.
Radoshkevich can be seen taking the weight off the rack, but when he squats down, his leg buckles underneath him and snaps.
He crumbles to the floor, the bar rolling over his neck as the spotters rush to make sure he is okay.
There is an audible gasp as he sinks to the floor and the spectator holding the camera quickly ends the video.
RT reported that he had entered the competition with a slight ankle problem, and this may have affected his lift.
Radoshkevich said that the leg break will likely mean the end of his career.
“I can hardly return to this sport following such an injury. I had achieved a lot but I will have quit my hopes and ambitions as rehabilitation will approximately take six months,” he said.
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago