Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'ready to sell' Anthony Martial over striker's attitude
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly ready to sell Anthony Martial, due to the Frenchman's 'bad attitude' in training.
Solskjaer hinted at a summer clearout after United were held to a 1-1 draw by basement-dwelling Huddersfield in West Yorkshire on Sunday.
Martial was not in the squad but Solskjaer has run out of patience with the striker and United will listen to offers in the summer, report The Sun.
The 23-year-old arrived at the Theatre of Dreams aged just 19 in 2015 for a price of £36million, potentially rising to £57.6million, a then world-record fee for a teenager.
If Martial does leave, he is unlikely to be the only big name to depart the club this summer.
United are desperate to shift Alexis Sanchez and his £500,000-a-week wages while Romelu Lukaku has hinted at a switch to Serie A having fallen behind Marcus Rashford in the pecking order.
Ander Herrera and Juan Mata look set to leave with their contracts expiring.
Mata posted a succinct message in his weekly blog after the humiliating draw against already-relegated Huddersfield, writing: “You deserve better. No more words needed.”
Paul Pogba could also leave with speculation he is ready to force a move to Real Madrid gathering pace.
Martial's representatives launched a staunch defence of the forward after he came in for criticism for his recent United displays.
In a post which seemingly hit out at Red Devils legends, his management posted: "Criticising is easy, the truth is on the pitch."
Martial has 12 goals in 37 appearances in all competitions this season and has found the net 48 times in 173 outings since moving to United from Monaco.
- Fans left confused after Coutinho puts future in doubtFootball 3 weeks ago
- Popular athlete downplays criticism over his ageAthletics 1 week ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 2 weeks ago
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 1 week ago
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 week ago
- Wenger reveals his football future plans Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago