Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injury
Arsenal's Denis Suarez has confirmed he will not play for the Gunners again this season.
The Spaniard has been a disastrous loan signing for the north Londoners, playing just six times and failing to find the net since moving from Barcelona.
Suarez starred on loan for Sevilla under Unai Emery in 2014-15 but has failed to replicate those displays since his switch to the Emirates.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Suarez said: "I want you all to know that I will not be able to play again this season.
"Same issues with my groin have made things tough since the game against BATE Borisov in the Europa League in February and now they have forced me to stop training altogether.
"After various medical consultations, the conclusion has been reached that I cannot keep on pushing it and I have started a period of treatment that cannot be done alongside competitive football.
"I am sorry that all of the effort and sacrifice made to come to Arsenal hasn't come to fruition as hoped and you can't even imagine how angry I am about it, but health comes first.
"I want to give my thanks again to such a big club for trusting in me although things haven't gone as we pictured they would.
"I am stepping aside but I am grateful for the messages of care and support that you all have sent to me every day. This will be where I take my strength from in order to return stronger than ever and even more determined."
- Odion Ighalo set to extend Man United stay until January 2021Football 1 day ago
- Motorsport: WIM Kenya to support young racersSports 1 day ago
- Benjamin Ayimba appointed Kenya Rugby League Technical DirectorRugby 1 day ago
- Rashford says people are hurting over Floyd deathFootball 1 day ago
- Bundesliga. Ghanaian-born Davies dazzles as Flick betters Guardiola's Bayern recordFootball 2 days ago
- Five Barcelona players 'tested positive for COVID-19' - but club kept results hiddenGossip & Rumours 17 hours ago
- Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso’s sister dies aged 37Football 13 hours ago