Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injury
Arsenal's Denis Suarez has confirmed he will not play for the Gunners again this season.
The Spaniard has been a disastrous loan signing for the north Londoners, playing just six times and failing to find the net since moving from Barcelona.
Suarez starred on loan for Sevilla under Unai Emery in 2014-15 but has failed to replicate those displays since his switch to the Emirates.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Suarez said: "I want you all to know that I will not be able to play again this season.
"Same issues with my groin have made things tough since the game against BATE Borisov in the Europa League in February and now they have forced me to stop training altogether.
"After various medical consultations, the conclusion has been reached that I cannot keep on pushing it and I have started a period of treatment that cannot be done alongside competitive football.
"I am sorry that all of the effort and sacrifice made to come to Arsenal hasn't come to fruition as hoped and you can't even imagine how angry I am about it, but health comes first.
"I want to give my thanks again to such a big club for trusting in me although things haven't gone as we pictured they would.
"I am stepping aside but I am grateful for the messages of care and support that you all have sent to me every day. This will be where I take my strength from in order to return stronger than ever and even more determined."
- Boxing injuries that left boxers in critical condition or deadBoxing 1 month ago
- 10 football stars who have dated the same womenFootball 2 months ago
- Revealed: How family of Osama bin Laden helped fund football clubSports 1 month ago
- Daniel James transfer: Man Utd close on £15m Swansea star as Jadon Sancho alternativeFootball 1 month ago
- African great Toure blasts football chiefs over racismFootball 2 months ago
- AFCON: Gamble pays off for Gor Mahia midfielder Philemon OtienoFootball 2 weeks ago
- Africa hopes stars can shine in Egypt after officials cause shameFootball 4 days ago