Why Manchester United have changed hotels ahead of massive game with Manchester City
Manchester United's preparations for the Manchester Derby are all-but complete ahead of Wednesday night's showdown.
The Red Devils play host to Manchester City at Old Trafford looking for three points to keep their top-four dreams alive, and for bragging rights.
The Citizens, on the other hand, are in need of three points to leapfrog Liverpool at the top of the Premier League.
Any slip ups now and Pep Guardiola's men could hand the title to the Reds.
The Manchester United team usually stays at the Lowry Hotel ahead of big games at Old Trafford, and sometimes the Hilton Garden Inn at Lancashire Cricket Ground.
They've opted for the latter when they've needed to avoid the worst of the traffic in the city centre to ensure they arrive at their home ground on time.
Ahead of the Manchester City game however the Red Devils are staying at The Hilton Hotel on Deansgate for the very first time.
The reason for this is that the hotel is very close to the Chester Road A-road, which leads straight to Old Trafford.
It seems Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is taking no chances after his predecessor Jose Mourinho was caught out by the traffic ahead of two Champions League matches this season.
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- Fans left confused after Coutinho puts future in doubtFootball 2 months ago