Athletics Kenya names squad to World Relay Championship
Athletics Kenya yesterday named the team to the IAAF World Relay Championships scheduled for Yokohama, Japan, on May 11-12.
The 32-member team was picked at Lornah Kiplagat Stadium near Iten. Diamond League winner Ferguson Rotich (1:45.40) will anchor the 4x800m squad that has Cornelius Tuwei, Daniel Munguti and Collins Kipruto.
He edged out Kenya Wildlife Service's Kipruto (1:46.20) and Tuwei of Kenya Defence Forces (1:46:45) to second and third places in 800m race.
He said he used the national relays to prepare for upcoming races. “I used it as part of preparations for Doha Diamond League. We are hoping to do our best in Japan,” said Rotich.
Daniel Munguti and Tony Kemboi, who finished fourth and fifth, were also named the 4x800m team.
Paul Mutwii, the AK vice president in charge of competitions, said the 800m team will lineup in 2x2x400 mixed relays.
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago