Athletics Kenya names squad to World Relay Championship
Athletics Kenya yesterday named the team to the IAAF World Relay Championships scheduled for Yokohama, Japan, on May 11-12.
The 32-member team was picked at Lornah Kiplagat Stadium near Iten. Diamond League winner Ferguson Rotich (1:45.40) will anchor the 4x800m squad that has Cornelius Tuwei, Daniel Munguti and Collins Kipruto.
He edged out Kenya Wildlife Service's Kipruto (1:46.20) and Tuwei of Kenya Defence Forces (1:46:45) to second and third places in 800m race.
He said he used the national relays to prepare for upcoming races. “I used it as part of preparations for Doha Diamond League. We are hoping to do our best in Japan,” said Rotich.
Daniel Munguti and Tony Kemboi, who finished fourth and fifth, were also named the 4x800m team.
Paul Mutwii, the AK vice president in charge of competitions, said the 800m team will lineup in 2x2x400 mixed relays.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 2 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Lukaku’s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]Football 3 months ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago
- What you didn’t know about the London Marathon, Kenya bloomingAthletics 2 months ago