Dagoretti High and Kaya Tiwi advance to basketball semifinals in Mombasa
Dagoretti High and girls’ defending champions Kaya Tiwi advanced to the basketball semi-finals of the ongoing national Term One games.
Nairobi’s Dagoretti beat last year’s boys' finalists Sigalame from Western 58-43 to book their last four slot.
It was sweet revenge for the Nairobi team as they ousted Sigalame, who beat them last year at the group stage. The loss ended Sigalame’s hopes of winning their maiden title.
Dagoretti were the better side from the onset taking the first quarter 17-11. They dominated the second quarter to take a comfortable 36-23 half-time lead.
Champions Kaya Tiwi fought to a slim 53-49 against Buruburu to book a place in the semis.
Meanwhile, Luke Shatukei and Feliciana Kanda braved the harsh coastal weather to win the boys and girls cross country titles. The duo led their Rift Valley compatriots in a clean sweep in both categories.
- Mutyambai meets stressed Kiprop, promises to take care of himAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic banned for violent conduct Football 1 week ago
- How Ajax stunned Ronaldo's Juventus Football 1 month ago
- Chelsea sign Christian Pulisic from Borussia DortmundFootball 4 days ago
- Part Emery played in Tottenham reaching Champions League finalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United predicted line up for crucial Premier League clash Football 1 month ago
- Beautiful Kenyan hockey girl ropes sponsor, now wants to buy clubGossip & Rumours 1 month ago