Dagoretti High and Kaya Tiwi advance to basketball semifinals in Mombasa
Dagoretti High and girls’ defending champions Kaya Tiwi advanced to the basketball semi-finals of the ongoing national Term One games.
Nairobi’s Dagoretti beat last year’s boys' finalists Sigalame from Western 58-43 to book their last four slot.
It was sweet revenge for the Nairobi team as they ousted Sigalame, who beat them last year at the group stage. The loss ended Sigalame’s hopes of winning their maiden title.
Dagoretti were the better side from the onset taking the first quarter 17-11. They dominated the second quarter to take a comfortable 36-23 half-time lead.
Champions Kaya Tiwi fought to a slim 53-49 against Buruburu to book a place in the semis.
Meanwhile, Luke Shatukei and Feliciana Kanda braved the harsh coastal weather to win the boys and girls cross country titles. The duo led their Rift Valley compatriots in a clean sweep in both categories.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago