Club official mad at referee for not fixing match
A Kenyan football match chairman is mad at a referee for not helping his team beat their opponents at a recent league match.
According to the referee who spoke to Offside on condition of anonymity, the official offered bahasha worth Sh10,000 before the match so as to be favoured on the pitch.
But the results never changed.
His team ended up losing after 90 minutes.
“He called me and directed me to a nearby toilet at the stadium where I found an envelope with Sh10,000 in it. I pocketed the money, but never interfered with the game. He is now mad at me because his club lost,” the referee said with a chuckle.
- How Liverpool have forced Real Madrid to change Hazard transfer plansFootball 1 month ago
- Five Africa Cup of Nations facts you need to knowFootball 2 months ago
- African team walks off field in protest of poor refereeing decisionFootball 2 weeks ago
- 2019 London Marathon: What is at stake for Kenyan runners?Athletics 1 month ago
- Origi sends powerful message to Wanyama ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal set to shock the world with Barcelona defender signingFootball 3 weeks ago
- Man Utd draw up shortlist of Pogba replacements - including two EPL starsFootball 1 week ago