Alexis Sanchez tipped to make sensational return to Arsenal
Former Arsenal winger Marc Overmars believes Alexis Sanchez could return to north London.
The Chilean left for Manchester United in January 2018 but he has struggled for form and fitness at Old Trafford.
There are suggestions he could be moved on in the summer and Overmars believes he could well regret leaving Arsenal for United.
Overmars is in contention for a sporting director role in north London and has suggested a return for Sanchez could be on the cards.
"I have great respect for Alexis, because he did extremely well in Arsenal, but I do not know if it was a good decision to leave," he told ADN Deportes.
"English football changes you, it turns you around, and it took me a step forward.
"Arsene Wenger arrived a year before me, Dennis Bergkamp made a big impression England. It was a fantastic time, I think we changed the history of the club a bit.
"These type of players were very important for Arsenal, because that's where they take you to focus, after Alexis, Arsenal tried to sign another player like that, but he was not given, so he could go back to Arsenal."
Sanchez could be handed a start in United's FA Cup clash with Chelsea on Monday.
Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial are both out for up to three weeks in a real blow to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Kompany mocks Chelsea’s keeper Kepa after row with SarriFootball 4 weeks ago
- Southampton fans mock Emiliano Sala death with aeroplane gesturesFootball 1 month ago
- Ronaldo returns to Portugal squad for Euro qualifiersFootball 6 days ago
- Emiliano Sala search called off three days after plane crashFootball 2 months ago
- Kylian Mbappe drops biggest hint on where he’ll be playing next seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- IAAF wants Semenya to be classified as ‘biologically male’Athletics 1 month ago
- Man City signs one of biggest commercial contracts in football historyFootball 3 weeks ago