Philippe Coutinho 'being ignored' as Lionel Messi is accused of refusing to pass to Barcelona teammate
Philippe Coutinho played the full 90 minutes as Barcelona made it eight wins on the spin on Sunday.
Ernesto Valverde's men eased past Girona with a 2-0 victory as they extended their lead at the top of La Liga.
Coutinho, who has had a difficult campaign at the Nou Camp, started on the left of Barca's attacking three with Ousmane Dembele sidelined.
He struggled to make much of an impact, particularly in the first half, as Nelson Semedo opened the scoring.
The Brazilian was clearly trying to work on his relationship with left-back Jordi Alba but was on the periphery for the large part.
And for some fans, it was a case of Coutinho 'getting in the way' - or his teammates opting against giving him the ball.
Alba's relationship with Lionel Messi has been a huge part of Barca's success down the years.
The pair combined to full effect to secure Barca's second of the match against Girona.
Luis Suarez sent the Spanish left-back flying down the left and Alba slid the ball across for Messi.
The Argentine took his time before lobbing the keeper and scoring for the sixth game in a row.
Coutinho's involvement - or lack of - in the goal, had plenty of Barca fans talking.
- Athletes qualified for Tokyo 2020 to keep spots in 2021Football 2 days ago
- Doping: Coronavirus will not be opportunity for drug cheats says WADA chiefAthletics 2 days ago
- Return of Premier League football: English leagues say facing difficult decisions over virus impactFootball 2 days ago
- Listen to former FKF boss Hatimy, Twaha tells MwendwaFootball 2 days ago
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 1 day ago
- Juventus players agree to take pay reduction in Sh10 billion cost-cutFootball 1 day ago
- Chelsea player reveals difficulty of separation from children due to coronavirusFootball 1 day ago