Tusker host Chemelil Sugar today
Tusker are back to their Ruaraka home ground keen to get back to winning ways as they take on Chemelil Sugar this afternoon.
The brewers have not won in the last two matches after going down 2-1 to Mathare United and a barren draw against Ulinzi Stars last weekend. The result brought to a halt, a four-match winning streak the brewers were enjoying prior to hosting Mathare United.
With most of the top teams away in Tanzania for SportPesa Cup, Tusker could rise second spot with a win today.
Western Stima will also be seeking to go back to winning ways when they host KCB this afternoon.
The powermen have not won in the last two matches after an impressive start this season. The bankers are looking stable after a bad run of results and will be seeking to keep up with the tempo.
At Machakos Stadium, Sofapaka invite Posta Rangers with interim coach John Barasa keen to put the team back to winning ways. His opposite number John Kamau is equally under pressure to turn around the team after replacing Sammy Omollo. Elsewhere, Mathare United coach Francis Kimanzi has urged his forwards to be more clinical in front of goal despite beating Kakamega Homeboyz 3-2 at Kasarani on Saturday.
While the win saw the slum boys reclaim top spot, Kimanzi was not overly impressed by his forwards.
“We were in control for very long and we had many chances to kill the game. At this level, it is important that you kill the game when you are on top,” said Kimanzi.
With 20 points from eight matches, Mathare United are two points ahead of second-placed Bandari. However, Kimanzi insists it’s still early days.
“It’s a long journey, we have just done eight rounds so there are many more to come. We will continue taking each game at a time, the most important thing is to be more efficient every time we step on the pitch and ensure we give fans something to smile about,” he said.
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago