Tottenham star Serge Aurier arrested on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend
Tottenham star Serge Aurier missed his team's clash with Manchester United after he was arrested on suspicion of assault.
The defender was detained for several hours on Saturday night, hours before Spurs ' 1-0 Premier League defeat at Wembley the following day.
Police were reportedly called to the 26-year-old's home in Hertfordshire following an alleged bust-up with his girlfriend.
The Ivory Coast international lives with reality TV star and mother of his baby daughter, Hencha Voigt, 31.
Aurier strenuously denied causing actual bodily harm and was later released without charge, as reported by The Sun.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Police confirmed: "A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ABH. He has been released with no further action."
A spokesman for Tottenham added: "We are aware of an incident concerning Serge Aurier this weekend."
Aurier joined the North London club from Paris Saint-Germain for £23million last summer.
- Standard Golf Classic: Nandi Bears’ Terer roars to victoryGolf 2 days ago
- Returnee Muguna eyes titles with K'ogaloFootball 2 months ago
- Meet Nicholas Kipkirui – the young footballer taking K’Ogalo by stormFootball 1 week ago
- Who says Kenyan athletes can’t fall in love? You’re wrong [Photos]Athletics 1 week ago
- Here’s the BIG EPL MATCH KTN Home Channel will be broadcasting LIVE TODAY! Football 2 months ago
- National Super League: Ushuru drop points again as Thika register second winFootball 1 week ago
- Top Arsenal target spotted shopping with Aubameyang [Photos]Premier League 1 month ago