JUST IN: Hazard 'edges closer to Real Madrid move'
Eden Hazard is edging closer to sealing a switch to Real Madrid after Chelsea signed Christian Pulisic - according to the bookies.
The Blues sealed a £58million deal for Pulisic to kick off the January transfer window with a bang - but the forward has been immediately loaned back to Borussia Dortmund for the remainder of the season.
He will join Chelsea on a full-time basis in the summer, and that has cast doubt over the future of Hazard.
The Belgian has already been strongly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge after a blistering first half of the season.
He has hit 12 goals in 23 appearances in all competitions, helping the Blues to fourth in the Premier League ahead of their clash against Southampton this evening.
But, if the odds are anything to go by, this will be his last season in west London.
Hazard has been cut from 6/4 to 4/7 for a move to Real Madrid by Paddy Power.
And Betfair price the Belgian at 1/4 to leave Chelsea in the summer.
Pulisic paid tribute to Dortmund after his switch to Stamford Bridge was confirmed.
He wrote: "Liebe Borussen, it it with a heavy heart that I announce that I will be entering my final months at y(our) world-famous club.
"It feels like only yesterday that I arrived in Dortmund as a raw, excited, very nervous but exceptionally proud 16-year-old from a small American town called Hershey.
"I had no idea what lay ahead but I soon discovered that as a young Schwarzgelben, I would be in the best possible hands.
"I would not be where I am today without the club and their belief in giving young players a chance.
"It's been an honour and a dream to pull on the black and yellow in front of the Sudtribune!"
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago