Sponsorship: Homeboyz get Sh15m sponsorship
Kakamega Homeboyz have secured Sh15 million sponsorship from the County government.
The club and the county government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
The development means the county will contribute close to half the Club’s budget of Sh35 million for 2018/19 season.
The money will cater for player’s allowances, new signings and salaries. Homeboyz finished ninth with 51 points in Kenyan Premier League last season.
The County Assembly passed the Sports Fund bill that paved way for athe county to spend money on sporting activities the 2018/19 financial year.
The Bill has since been assented to Governor Wycliffe Oparanya making it a county law. Homeboyz will get Sh25million set aside to finance sporting activities.
Sports CEC Robert Makhanu said Sh10 million will be spend on Governor’s cup and football development. Makhanu said Homeboyz have received Sh3 million to sign new players.
- Monaco suspend coach Thierry HenryFootball 3 weeks ago
- WWE legend passes awaySports 2 months ago
- Jose Mourinho gets Sh2.5b in compensationFootball 5 days ago
- Photos released: Body visible in wreckage of plane carrying Emiliano SalaFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Football commentator 'apologises' for racist comment during Talksport FA Cup broadcastFootball 1 day ago
- Aleksander Ceferin re-elected UEFA presidentFootball 1 week ago