Arsenal squad vs Wolves revealed as Danny Welbeck suffers 'serious' ankle injury
Arsenal will be without Danny Welbeck and Stephan Lichtsteiner for Sunday's Premier League visit of Wolves after both were forced off injured in Thursday's draw with Sporting Lisbon.
Welbeck (ankle) is expected to be sidelined for some time after being taken to hospital following an awkward fall, while Lichtsteiner limped out of the Europa League clash with a muscular issue.
Speaking after the game, boss Unai Emery said: "It's the worst news tonight, this injury. It's clear that we are with him in these minutes.
"He was working well and he was having a good match. He had some chances too.
"His injury was with the mentality of the players. They saw it was a big injury.
"When you are playing football, when you are playing in competitive matches, it can happen. You don't want it to happen but this is our profession.
"Now he is at the hospital. The news is that we are going to wait - but we think it's a serious injury."
Mohamed Elneny (thigh) and Konstantinos Mavropanos (groin) are still missing, while Matteo Guendouzi is back in domestic contention after serving a one-match ban.
Sporting captain Nani, a former team-mate of Welbeck at Manchester United, was one of the first one the scene when it was clear he was in trouble.
After the game, the 31-year-old offered his support to Welbeck: "It was a very sad moment," he said.
"I feel very sorry for him, he is a great person. A good lad and a good friend. When that kind of moment happens in the game you feel very sad.
"I don't know what to say, I just want him to recover well and I hope it is nothing serious but you can see something happened there so I wish him all the best and a very fast recovery."
Provisional Arsenal squad: Leno, Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Mustafi, Koscielny, Papastathopoulos, Monreal, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ramsey, Smith Rowe, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang.
- SportPesa Premier League: Homeboyz in fight for lifeFootball 4 hours ago
- Divock Origi set to join Victor WanyamaFootball 7 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 13 hours ago
- Munala confirmed at KCB as the bankers sign seven Pipeline playersVolleyball and Handball 1 month ago
- Hidden salary deduction: Sofapaka players are no longer ‘Batoto ba Mungu’Football 1 month ago
- Why Alexis Sanchez will not play for Man United against ArsenalPremier League 1 month ago
- Stars who flickered, left and made an about-turnFootball 4 hours ago