Reason Zinedine Zidane quit Real Madrid revealed - and it's because of Gareth Bale and Mohamed Salah
Zinedine Zidane quit Real Madrid because of broken promises over Gareth Bale, top Spanish sources have revealed.
The Frenchman shocked football when he left the Bernabeu, just weeks after guiding Los Blancos to their third Champions League trophy in a row.
In the final against Liverpool Bale scored an amazing overhead goal - and that led to the trouble between Zidane and Florentino Perez.
Respected Spanish paper El Pais claims that goal made the Real Madrid owner go back on his word to sell the Welshman - something Zidane had been campaigning for since the end of the domestic season.
Instead, Perez even suggested "Bale is better than Ronaldo", forcing the Frenchman to think about his future.
He wanted to sell Bale to fund a bid for either Mohamed Salah, Eden Hazard or Harry Kane - and Perez had agreed... until that stunning goal.
Earlier this week it emerged that Manchester United may be forced into making a decision on Jose Mourinho's future amid interest from Bayern Munich in Zidane.
The Portuguese boss remains fearful that the United board are planning to replace him despite Saturday's dramatic victory over Newcastle.
Mourinho seemed destined for the sack when his side trailed 2-0 at half-time before delivering a stunning comeback to emerge victorious.
But that may do little to save the United boss, who will meet with United chief Ed Woodward in London later this week.
If Mourinho is set to stay on as manager, he is likely to give the United board some potential transfer targets for January.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 8 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 20 hours ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- Mourinho explains why he benched Pogba during Man United's 3-1 loss at AnfieldFootball 7 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- Polo: Lachlan win Ndume title in Gilgil tiesSports 20 hours ago