‘Come out in large numbers this Sunday’ – Sports CS Rashid Achesa urges Kenyans
Following Harambee Stars’ goalless draw with Ethiopia in an African Cup of Nations qualifier on Wednesday, Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Achesa has taken the opportunity to urge Kenyans to get behind the national team, with the prospect of qualifying for Cameroon 2019 looming.
Harambee Stars leapfrogged Ghana in Group F to claim first sport after settling for a barren draw at the Bahir Dar stadium yesterday.
Following Sierra Leone’s shocking ban by FIFA, an 'everything to play for' situation was created in Group F. Now that Harambee Stars managed to hold on and collect a point, the replay scheduled for Sunday at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani has taken a whole new meaning.
Three more points will more or less confirm Kenya’s qualification for the AFCON.
Achesa, on his Twitter handle, called upon all football lovers to come out in large numbers on Sunday to support the national team.
“I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on Harambee Stars this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars,” he tweeted.
I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on @HarambeeStars_ this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars — Rashid Echesa (@CSRashidEchesa) October 10, 2018
He also congratulated the team for the barren draw managed against Ethiopia.
“Congratulations to Harambee Stars on a game well played against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers,” he said.
- ‘This was the hardest decision of my career’ – Pep GuardiolaPremier League 21 hours ago
- How Kalonzo Musyoka can make Ukambani soccer great againFootball 1 day ago
- Wanyama: This is our timeFootball 3 days ago
- Yoweri Museveni meets Uganda Cranes, says better diet will improve players’ ‘shots’ (Photos) Football 1 week ago
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 3 days ago
- Rashford, Martial start for Man United as Morata leads the line for ChelseaPremier League 20 hours ago
- Rugby: ‘Pau’ appointed new Kenya Sevens head coachRugby 2 weeks ago