‘Come out in large numbers this Sunday’ – Sports CS Rashid Achesa urges Kenyans
Following Harambee Stars’ goalless draw with Ethiopia in an African Cup of Nations qualifier on Wednesday, Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Achesa has taken the opportunity to urge Kenyans to get behind the national team, with the prospect of qualifying for Cameroon 2019 looming.
Harambee Stars leapfrogged Ghana in Group F to claim first sport after settling for a barren draw at the Bahir Dar stadium yesterday.
Following Sierra Leone’s shocking ban by FIFA, an 'everything to play for' situation was created in Group F. Now that Harambee Stars managed to hold on and collect a point, the replay scheduled for Sunday at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani has taken a whole new meaning.
Three more points will more or less confirm Kenya’s qualification for the AFCON.
Achesa, on his Twitter handle, called upon all football lovers to come out in large numbers on Sunday to support the national team.
“I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on Harambee Stars this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars,” he tweeted.
I call upon all football enthusiasts to come out in large numbers and join us in cheering on @HarambeeStars_ this Sunday at the Kasarani Stadium in their return leg match against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers match. #SimamaNaHarambeeStars — Rashid Echesa (@CSRashidEchesa) October 10, 2018
He also congratulated the team for the barren draw managed against Ethiopia.
“Congratulations to Harambee Stars on a game well played against Ethiopia in the #AFCON2019 qualifiers,” he said.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 7 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 19 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Polo: Lachlan win Ndume title in Gilgil tiesSports 19 hours ago