KPA and Equity in tough battle: The Kenyan sides enjoy unbeaten run as they prepare to square it out tomorrow
Kenya Ports Authority and Equity Bank inched closer to the title as the FIBA Africa Zone V Fiba Club basketball championships enters Day Seven today at the National Indoor Court in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The two women basketball teams enjoy unbeaten run as they prepare to square it out tomorrow in their last match, which will probably decide the new champion.
The women category has attracted six teams and is played on a round robin basis. It will be a repeat of last year’s final in Kampala, Uganda, where KPA won.
Equity outclassed APR of Rwanda 70-46 to maintain their good run and tomorrow’s match against KPA is expected to be explosive.
KPA coach Anthony Ojukwu is confident of retaining the title while the banker’s assistant coach Carey Odhiambo are out to dethrone them.
KPA are targeting a third straight title after winning in 2016 and 2017 while Equity who poached KPA’s two players two weeks ago are out to topple them.
The dockers are missing the services of Felmas Adhiambo won the Sports Journalists Association of Kenya/StarTimes player of the month for February 2018. The forward has since left the country for a basketball scholarship at the Tyler University.
In last year’s regional final, KPA beat Equity 63-49 in an all-Kenyan final affair. And in the local league, KPA defeated the bankers 74-49 (20-09, 23-17, 18-6, 25-5) in the decisive game three to win the 2017 league earlier this year.
KPA women team is the most successful team in the regional championships having won the title nine times.
- Football: Fans react after Gor star Kahata does ‘an Ozil’Football 3 weeks ago
- Female journalist fights star Kenyan footballer over hot chickGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal: Wenger throws his support behind ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- How sloppy Arsenal were gunned down by Zaha, McArthurFootball 1 day ago
- Is Pep Guardiola on his way out?Football 1 month ago
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to axe eight Man United starsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Kenyan pioneer athlete laid to rest Athletics 1 month ago