Mourinho to Pogba: Pogba told he will not captain club again
Jose Mourinho has reportedly informed Paul Pogba he will never captain Manchester United again.
The Portuguese is said to have told the French midfielder in front of his team-mates at training at Carrington on Tuesday.
Mourinho was said to be furious with Pogba after his mistake cost United the three points against Wolves.
And ESPN now report Mourinho has informed the World Cup winner he will not have the honour of leading his side again.
After three games as captain in the absence of skipper Antonio Valencia.
The news comes after Pogba appeared to call out Mourinho's tactics vs Wolves, insisting they were too negative.
“We’re at home, and we should play much better against Wolves,” said Pogba.
“When we’re at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We’re here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Manchester United attacking and attacking.
“That was our mistake.
“We should just attack and press, like we did against Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal last season. When we play like this, it’s easier for us.”
Pogba is set to miss the Carabao Cup clash with Derby, with Mourinho's squad thin for the contest at Old Trafford.
Valencia, Luke Shaw and David De Gea will also be absent.
Mourinho's next option to take the armband could be Chris Smalling, Ander Herrera, Ashley Young or Nemanja Matic.
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 7 hours ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Former world champ Koech laid to restAthletics 1 month ago
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Champagne on ice: Why AFCON qualification is Harambee Stars’ to loseFootball 2 days ago
- Liverpool's Mane undergoes hand surgeryFootball 10 hours ago
- Serena Williams in US Open meltdown, calls umpire ‘thief’ [Photos]Tennis 1 month ago