Shaw to return to Manchester United after suffering concussion
Luke Shaw will return to Manchester United on Monday after the FA confirmed that the England full back suffered concussion.
That could mean United full back Shaw faces a lay-off and misses his club’s trip to Watford next Saturday depending on the outcome of tests.
Shaw suffered a sickening injury during England’s defeat to Spain after a collision with Dani Carvajal during the Nations League game at Wembley.
It led to him being stretchered off but the guidelines around concussion mean it is a very specific injury with all parties often reluctant to confirm that injury until full checks have been done.
It looked obvious that Shaw had suffered concussion but the FA have now confirmed it as they also announced Leicester pair Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray have been called up from the under-21s.
Shaw will now face a minimum lay-off under Premier League guidelines with the FA confirming in a statement that it was concussion.
The FA said: "Luke Shaw remained at St. George’s Park today for further rest and monitoring having sustained concussion against Spain yesterday. He will return to his club tomorrow."
- Why Jose Mourinho desperately needs to beat Watford ruthlessly todayPremier League 1 week ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago
- Anthony Martial puts to bed speculation about his departurePremier League 1 month ago
- BOXING: Zarika in thrill of night battleBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Gladys Cherono wins women race at the Berlin MarathonAthletics 6 days ago
- Anthony Joshua next fight confirmedBoxing 2 months ago
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 2 months ago