Shaw to return to Manchester United after suffering concussion
Luke Shaw will return to Manchester United on Monday after the FA confirmed that the England full back suffered concussion.
That could mean United full back Shaw faces a lay-off and misses his club’s trip to Watford next Saturday depending on the outcome of tests.
Shaw suffered a sickening injury during England’s defeat to Spain after a collision with Dani Carvajal during the Nations League game at Wembley.
It led to him being stretchered off but the guidelines around concussion mean it is a very specific injury with all parties often reluctant to confirm that injury until full checks have been done.
It looked obvious that Shaw had suffered concussion but the FA have now confirmed it as they also announced Leicester pair Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray have been called up from the under-21s.
Shaw will now face a minimum lay-off under Premier League guidelines with the FA confirming in a statement that it was concussion.
The FA said: "Luke Shaw remained at St. George’s Park today for further rest and monitoring having sustained concussion against Spain yesterday. He will return to his club tomorrow."
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 19 hours ago
- Modric wins Best FIFA Men’s Player, but Cameroon legend Eto’o believes top candidate was robbedFootball 2 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- ‘You will NEVER be captain again’ – Mourinho tells Pogba in training ground bust-upPremier League 4 hours ago
- Sports ministry under fire: Officials cry foul over poor working relations with parent ministrySports 13 hours ago
- Here’s the Harambee Stars team set to face Ethiopia in AFCON qualifier next monthFootball 1 hour ago
- Shakava: Gor should start early Caf preparations Football 13 hours ago