Lionel Messi’s jersey number will not be used in Argentina’s friendly matches
Sergio Romero says he doesn't understand why Lionel Messi's No.10 shirt is not being used for Argentina's next two friendlies.
The jersey is being held back and will not be worn for the games against Guatemala and Colombia, as agreed by interim boss Lionel Scaloni and the Argentinian FA.
Messi, whose international future is very much up in the air, has not been included in Scaloni's squad.
Manchester United shot-stopper Romero has been left baffled by the decision regarding the No.10 shirt and revealed he had no idea about the plans.
He told TyC Sports: "The No.10 jersey has always been used.
"I don't understand why it's not being used now. I haven't asked. I haven't inquired. I had no idea that it wasn't going to be used.
"In all the friendlies, it has always been available. Probably, for some reason, it will not be used now. I just found out."
- How Kepa could cost Sarri his jobFootball 3 weeks ago
- Ole Gunnar reveals why he’s worried about PSG tonight at 11pm Football 1 month ago
- Beyond Zero First Lady Half Marathon in pictures Athletics 1 week ago
- Kenyan herdsboy’s dream comes true after Ozil sends him gifts [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Ali's 'golden touch' floors Japan as Qatar lift Asian CupFootball 1 month ago
- Football: I want to make United fans happy – SanchezFootball 1 day ago
- Football: What Willy Caballero did after Chelsea winFootball 2 weeks ago