Lionel Messi’s jersey number will not be used in Argentina’s friendly matches
Sergio Romero says he doesn't understand why Lionel Messi's No.10 shirt is not being used for Argentina's next two friendlies.
The jersey is being held back and will not be worn for the games against Guatemala and Colombia, as agreed by interim boss Lionel Scaloni and the Argentinian FA.
Messi, whose international future is very much up in the air, has not been included in Scaloni's squad.
Manchester United shot-stopper Romero has been left baffled by the decision regarding the No.10 shirt and revealed he had no idea about the plans.
He told TyC Sports: "The No.10 jersey has always been used.
"I don't understand why it's not being used now. I haven't asked. I haven't inquired. I had no idea that it wasn't going to be used.
"In all the friendlies, it has always been available. Probably, for some reason, it will not be used now. I just found out."
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 11 hours ago
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 4 hours ago
- Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal Football 4 days ago
- Tottenham 0-1 Man City: Mahrez dedicates goal to fallen Leicester chairman Premier League 3 weeks ago
- Champs KPA one step away from semisBasketball 2 weeks ago
- AWCON 2018: FKF to appeal CAF's decision on Harambee Starlets Football 1 week ago
- See adverts by popular betting firm that have caused a stir in KenyaSports 7 hours ago