Lionel Messi’s jersey number will not be used in Argentina’s friendly matches
Sergio Romero says he doesn't understand why Lionel Messi's No.10 shirt is not being used for Argentina's next two friendlies.
The jersey is being held back and will not be worn for the games against Guatemala and Colombia, as agreed by interim boss Lionel Scaloni and the Argentinian FA.
Messi, whose international future is very much up in the air, has not been included in Scaloni's squad.
Manchester United shot-stopper Romero has been left baffled by the decision regarding the No.10 shirt and revealed he had no idea about the plans.
He told TyC Sports: "The No.10 jersey has always been used.
"I don't understand why it's not being used now. I haven't asked. I haven't inquired. I had no idea that it wasn't going to be used.
"In all the friendlies, it has always been available. Probably, for some reason, it will not be used now. I just found out."
- ‘I feel really good’ – Sir Alex Ferguson after emotional returnFootball 5 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 6 hours ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 4 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 5 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 6 hours ago
- How football clubs can do more to help players battling depressionSports 1 hour ago