Kenya crash out of tourney
Kenya have been eliminated from the 2018 Women’s volleyball U20 African Nations Championship after falling 3-1 (25-20, 19-25, 23-25, 27-29) to Cameroon in yesterday’s decisive Group A match, at Kasarani Gymnasium.
The youthful Malkia Strikers started off strongly claiming the first set 25-20, before their poor service, attack and back court defence gifted the Cameroonians the second 25-19 and third 25-23 sets respectively.
The result saw Kenya finish third in the group with one win as group leaders Cameroon and their West African rivals Nigeria advanced to tomorrow’s semifinals. Nigeria beat Tanzania 3-1 in an early kick off match at the same venue.
Surprise package Nigeria will clash with record winners Egypt in the first semifinal as Cameroon take on either Congo DRC or Rwanda in the other tie.
The top two teams of the week-long tournament, whose finals are slated for Sunday, will represent Africa in next year’s FIVB World U20 Championship in Japan.
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago