Kenya crash out of tourney
Kenya have been eliminated from the 2018 Women’s volleyball U20 African Nations Championship after falling 3-1 (25-20, 19-25, 23-25, 27-29) to Cameroon in yesterday’s decisive Group A match, at Kasarani Gymnasium.
The youthful Malkia Strikers started off strongly claiming the first set 25-20, before their poor service, attack and back court defence gifted the Cameroonians the second 25-19 and third 25-23 sets respectively.
The result saw Kenya finish third in the group with one win as group leaders Cameroon and their West African rivals Nigeria advanced to tomorrow’s semifinals. Nigeria beat Tanzania 3-1 in an early kick off match at the same venue.
Surprise package Nigeria will clash with record winners Egypt in the first semifinal as Cameroon take on either Congo DRC or Rwanda in the other tie.
The top two teams of the week-long tournament, whose finals are slated for Sunday, will represent Africa in next year’s FIVB World U20 Championship in Japan.
- Divock Origi set to join Victor WanyamaFootball 21 hours ago
- Huge boost for Chelsea as they land top Juventus strikerGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Snow claims third Safari Tour victoryGolf 2 days ago
- SportPesa Premier League: Homeboyz in fight for lifeFootball 19 hours ago
- Why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sits in different dugout seat to Jose MourinhoFootball 2 days ago
- Here’s the BIG EPL MATCH KTN Home Channel will be broadcasting LIVE TODAY! Football 1 month ago
- Mesut Ozil doesn't care about football any more, claims Arsenal legendFootball 2 days ago