Kenya crash out of tourney
Kenya have been eliminated from the 2018 Women’s volleyball U20 African Nations Championship after falling 3-1 (25-20, 19-25, 23-25, 27-29) to Cameroon in yesterday’s decisive Group A match, at Kasarani Gymnasium.
The youthful Malkia Strikers started off strongly claiming the first set 25-20, before their poor service, attack and back court defence gifted the Cameroonians the second 25-19 and third 25-23 sets respectively.
The result saw Kenya finish third in the group with one win as group leaders Cameroon and their West African rivals Nigeria advanced to tomorrow’s semifinals. Nigeria beat Tanzania 3-1 in an early kick off match at the same venue.
Surprise package Nigeria will clash with record winners Egypt in the first semifinal as Cameroon take on either Congo DRC or Rwanda in the other tie.
The top two teams of the week-long tournament, whose finals are slated for Sunday, will represent Africa in next year’s FIVB World U20 Championship in Japan.
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 8 hours ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Mourinho reveals why they didn’t winFootball 1 day ago
- Another Kenyan runner busted for dopingAthletics 1 month ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago