K'ogalo thanks President Uhuru Kenyatta before Mashemeji Derby
SportPesa Premier League leaders Gor Mahia have thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta for supporting the team in travelling to Algeria.
On their official website, K’ogalo revealed the President came through in a big way – chipping in with Sh6.3 million to cater for air tickets.
“Gor Mahia FC has thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta and his government for coming through in a big way to support the team in travelling to Algeria. The government provided the team’s air tickets to Algeria where they will be travelling to honour the decisive match against USM Alger on Wednesday next week. The tickets, costing about Sh6.3 million were given today and treasurer Sally Bolo has voiced her appreciation on behalf of the club,” part of the statement read.
Gor Mahia had a huge financial burden before the President offered support – having to navigate through local and continental matches in a short period of time.
They travel to Algeria on Monday for their crunch Group D CAF Confederation tie against USM Alger, a fixture they have to win if they want to progress further in continental football.
- Malkia Strikers WhatsApp group admin locks out ‘vichwa ngumu’Volleyball and Handball 14 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo will face Manchester United, even after red cardFootball 15 hours ago
- Why status quo must remain in the Premier League this weekendFootball 5 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 10 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 4 hours ago
- Ronaldo’s red card was down to an absurb hallucination – World Cup-winning coachFootball 8 hours ago
- Senior KPL coach and star player in silent war over hot slayqueenFootball 13 hours ago