Cristiano Ronaldo's Juventus transfer takes him to "the final club of his career" says agent Jorge Mendes
Super-agent Jorge Mendes says his client Cristiano Ronaldo will see out his career at Juventus after sealing a stunning £105m switch from Real Madrid .
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner confirmed the move to Serie A on Tuesday, ending a nine-year stay in Madrid which featured four Champions League titles in the past five years.
"These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life," he wrote.
"I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this hobby and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received.
"However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept transferring me. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me."
Ronaldo explained his decision to leave the European champions in an open letter to the club's fans .
The switch was seen as a surprise by many, but Mendes was at pains to point out that his client was delighted to join up with the Italian giants.
“I’m very happy for Cristiano,” Mendes told Sport, via Football Italia .
“Juventus will be his last club and I’m glad he made this decision. With this team he’ll close out his marvellous career.
“I thank [President] Andrea Agnelli in particular for his determination and his willingness to negotiate with Real Madrid, and I also thank [general manager] Beppe Marotta for his professionalism.”
Ronaldo is expected to complete his switch in the coming days.
- Nigerian league postponed indefinitelyFootball 5 hours ago
- IAAF denies attempt to lock out female athletesAthletics 15 hours ago
- Mantubila beat Bandari Youth in MombasaFootball 5 hours ago
- Top KCB key players to miss tourneyRugby 6 hours ago
- LIVE: England vs Croatia confirmed lineupsWorld Cup 2018 1 week ago
- Maurizio Sarri appointed Chelsea new bossFootball 4 days ago
- De Bruyne tips Hazard on how to handle rough tacklers in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 1 month ago