Paris Saint-Germain crowned French champions for fifth time in six years after thumping 7-1 win over Monaco
Paris Saint-Germain have been crowned champions of France for the fifth time in six seasons after a thumping 7-1 win over Monaco in Le Classique.
The Parisians regained the crown from their rivals on a comfortable evening at the Parc des Princes.
Giovani Lo Celso and Angel Di Maria each struck braces for Unai Emery's side with Edinson Cavani and an own goal from Radamel Falcao completing the rout.
The victory leaves PSG 17 points clear of Monaco with just five games of the season remaining.
Lo Celso opened the scoring after 14 minutes finishing an impressive team move before Cavani's thumping header doubled their advantage.
Di Maria's first was the pick of the bunch as he raced clear of the Monaco backline and chipped past the goalkeeper.
It was 4-0 after just half an hour as Lo Celso headed home his second before Rony Lopes pulled one back for Monaco.
Di Maria notched his double after the break and was denied a hat-trick by the woodwork shortly afterwards.
Falcao's own goal made it 6-1 before Julian Draxler completed the rout to secure the title.
PSG had won Ligue 1 four times in a row before Monaco surprisingly broke the sequence last year.
Their most recent triumph is their sixth after previous crownd in 1986 and 1994.
- Ricardo Badoer: Meet the man pulling tough strings at Wazito FCFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea, Arsenal fans troll Man United after loss to Barcelona Football 5 days ago
- EPL preview: Liverpool face hurdle as they host ChelseaPremier League 1 week ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal: Who was David Rocastle? Arsenal remember departed LegendFootball 3 weeks ago
- Three broke KPL players ‘nailing’ loaded woman in shiftsGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Serie A champions pay price for resting Cristiano RonaldoFootball 1 month ago