Gaspo FC signs up eight new players
Gaspo Women FC have signed up eight players ahead of the Football Kenya Federation Women Premier League season kick-off.
The team, which earned promotion last season after posting an unbeaten record in the season at the second tier league, has acquired five players from Soccer Queens - Harambee Starlets custodian Vivian Akinyi, her twin sister Sharon Aluoch, and youngsters Quinter Atieno, Ester Nandika, and Lilian Akinyi.
Harambee Starlets co-skipper Mary Kinuthia, who had a short stint with two-time champions Thika Queens, is now in Gaspo.
Kinuthia joined the side at the end of last season after ditching the former champions in mid-season. The left-footed Kinuthia will beef up the striking force.
Gaspo has also acquired Everline Naliaka from Mombasa-based side Spedag and also roped in Hellen Nzilani.
Palos Ladies FC are out of the FKF League due to financial problems. The club's chairman, Patrick Imbuga, said: “We have been forced to withdraw due to the financial issues.”
- Rugby: Kenya drops in global rankings after Canada thrashingRugby 5 hours ago
- Former Chelsea and Liverpool star announces retirement from footballFootball 17 hours ago
- Five things more likely to happen than Man United winning the title Premier League 21 hours ago
- Usain Bolt scores twice for Central Coast MarinersFootball 1 month ago
- Storms demolish KU Oryx: Wanyama anchors side to victory with sterling 22 pointsBasketball 1 month ago
- Wayne Rooney to make a return to England squadFootball 1 week ago
- Five more years! Marcos Alonso signs new Chelsea dealPremier League 2 weeks ago