Gaspo FC signs up eight new players
Gaspo Women FC have signed up eight players ahead of the Football Kenya Federation Women Premier League season kick-off.
The team, which earned promotion last season after posting an unbeaten record in the season at the second tier league, has acquired five players from Soccer Queens - Harambee Starlets custodian Vivian Akinyi, her twin sister Sharon Aluoch, and youngsters Quinter Atieno, Ester Nandika, and Lilian Akinyi.
Harambee Starlets co-skipper Mary Kinuthia, who had a short stint with two-time champions Thika Queens, is now in Gaspo.
Kinuthia joined the side at the end of last season after ditching the former champions in mid-season. The left-footed Kinuthia will beef up the striking force.
Gaspo has also acquired Everline Naliaka from Mombasa-based side Spedag and also roped in Hellen Nzilani.
Palos Ladies FC are out of the FKF League due to financial problems. The club's chairman, Patrick Imbuga, said: “We have been forced to withdraw due to the financial issues.”
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 13 hours ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 11 hours ago
- Boost for school games: Participants urged to take the games seriously and use their talent to benefitSports 8 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 18 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Migne needs time to turn around Harambee Stars, says EchesaFootball 8 hours ago
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic teases Cristiano Ronaldo over Juventus wondergoalFootball 1 month ago