Gaspo FC signs up eight new players
Gaspo Women FC have signed up eight players ahead of the Football Kenya Federation Women Premier League season kick-off.
The team, which earned promotion last season after posting an unbeaten record in the season at the second tier league, has acquired five players from Soccer Queens - Harambee Starlets custodian Vivian Akinyi, her twin sister Sharon Aluoch, and youngsters Quinter Atieno, Ester Nandika, and Lilian Akinyi.
Harambee Starlets co-skipper Mary Kinuthia, who had a short stint with two-time champions Thika Queens, is now in Gaspo.
Kinuthia joined the side at the end of last season after ditching the former champions in mid-season. The left-footed Kinuthia will beef up the striking force.
Gaspo has also acquired Everline Naliaka from Mombasa-based side Spedag and also roped in Hellen Nzilani.
Palos Ladies FC are out of the FKF League due to financial problems. The club's chairman, Patrick Imbuga, said: “We have been forced to withdraw due to the financial issues.”
- Chelsea vs Arsenal Lineup at 7:30pmFootball 9 hours ago
- Polo: Amistra Xtra, Cherokee shine in Rift Valley CupSports 4 hours ago
- Willian responds to Manchester United transfer linksFootball 2 weeks ago
- Neymar defends his diving for Brazil at World CupWorld Cup 2018 4 weeks ago
- Coach says poor team selection cost StarletsFootball 3 weeks ago
- KPL: Nakumatt thrash Mathare as AFC claw Thika UnitedFootball 4 hours ago
- Inter-counties: Uasin Gishu win volleyball titlesVolleyball and Handball 4 hours ago