Mohamed Salah disputes rumours of fall-out with Liverpool teammate who denied him a pass
Mohamed Salah has rubbished claims he fell out with his Liverpool teammate Sadio Mane, saying he is his "closest friend" at the club.
Claims emerged that the duo had fallen out after Mane failed to set Salah up to score with an easy tap-in during the Merseyside derby.
The Senegalese instead went for goal himself and fired wide - a decision that proved pivotal as Liverpool threw away two points later in the game.
Arsenal legend Ian Wright discussed the issue on BBC Radio 5 Live, where he suggested Mane may be jealous of his teammate.
He said: "Do you think there is a bit of jealous there? With Mo Salah? He just looks a little bit perturbed by it.
"Mo Salah has come in and - remember when Mane went to the Africa Cup of Nations and everyone was like 'oh it's over now, we can't replace Mane'?
"And now they've got Salah and he's been on the bench."
Salah recently spoke to Sky Sports about his life at Anfield, where he put to bed any suggestions of animosity between the pair by explaining Mane is one of his best pals.
"We are friends. We are very close to each other. Maybe he is my closest friend here in the team," said the Egyptian.
"We are friends, we like each other, he's a great guy and a fantastic player who is very fast with quality and confidence. I am very happy to share everything in Africa with him, so I'm very happy also for him."
- Mourinho goes on personal scouting mission – identifies Belgian midfielderFootball 4 hours ago
- Charged NOCK official steps downSports 14 hours ago
- Arsenal boss Emery given tough assignment, risks missing out on millionsPremier League 2 hours ago
- Former Arsenal star set to spend 50 days in prisonFootball 6 hours ago
- Why my dad banned me from playing football for a year – Drogba Football 3 hours ago
- Embattled NOCK official steps downAthletics 5 hours ago
- Revealed! Why athletes put grass on their hair during racesAthletics 1 day ago