Barcelona forced to release 15-year-old Kays Ruiz after FIFA sanction
Paris Saint Germain have stepped up their battle with Barcelona by signing youth star the “new Lionel Messi”, who the Catalans were forced to release.
The French giants stayed firm when faced with intense interest in superstar Marco Verratti before breaking the world record to meet Neymar‘s £198million buy-out clause, According to the Sun.
They then reportedly got involved in Barcelona’s negotiations with Nice for midfielder Jean Michael Seri, which forced the deal to fall through — before refusing to sell Angel Di Maria to Barcelona.
And now they have confirmed they have snapped up 15-year-old Kays Ruiz on a five-year contract.
PSG posted a picture on Twitter of the starlet holding a shirt alongside Maxwell.
French teenager Kays was at La Masia from the age of seven.
However, he was one of the players who was forced to leave the club in 2015, when they were hit with a FIFA sanction due to the irregular signing of minors.
Kays, was born on August 26, 2002, was considered by far the best player of his age group when he was forced to leave at 12 years old.
And had even been labelled the new Messi.
As Kays is only 15, he has signed a pre-contract.
When he turns 16 — which is the legal minimum — he will sign a professional deal.
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals when he will retire Football 13 hours ago
- Liverpool fans stranded ahead of Champions League finalFootball 4 hours ago
- What Beckham asked Zidane to do ahead of Champions League finalFootball 6 hours ago
- Mane paints hometown red by donating 300 Liverpool shirtsFootball 8 hours ago
- Chelsea star set for Manchester United move Football 1 day ago
- Ronaldo versus SalahFootball 23 hours ago
- Brave Swaziland dim out Harambee Stars at homeFootball 1 hour ago