Volleyball: I’m proud of my team, says Mabwi
Kenya Under-23 women’s volleyball coach Catherine Mabwi is satisfied with her side’s performance despite losing by straight sets to champions Brazil.
The Kenyans lost 15-2, 15-5, 15-12, 15-10 in the Pool B opening match of the 2017 FIVB women’s U-23 World Championships at the Sportna Dvorana Tivolo Hall in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The South Americans capitalised on the Kenyans’ poor reception and blocks to win the game, which was played under a new scoring system currently under test: a best-of-seven, 15-point set format.
Mabwi conceded that Brazil was a better side but urged her players to focus on their match against Bulgaria.
Captain Shyrine Jepkembo is also looking forward to an improved performance against Bulgaria.
- Ramos sends message to Salah after challenge in UCL finalFootball 10 hours ago
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 22 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 1 day ago
- How Champions League pitch invader ruined Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopesFootball 51 minutes ago
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 22 hours ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 1 day ago