Liverpool star Roberto Firmino robbed by hooded gang
Liverpool star Roberto Firmino has become the latest footballer to be targeted by burglars, it emerged last night.
The Brazilian winger's home was reportedly raided by a hooded gang who stole jewellery, watches and clothes worth £70,000.
Thieves are thought to have spent days watching the 25-year-old's house, in a leafy Liverpool suburb, according to The Sun.
The crooks were reportedly disturbed on a previous attempted burglary, but returned once the star and his family had left the property.
Firmino was moved to a hotel with his wife and two young children following the raid on December 22 and are now protected at home by a club security team, the newspaper reported.
Police are probing the burglary but have yet to trace any suspects or recover any of the stolen items.
One of the suspects is believed to have been wearing a blue Puffa jacket.
Merseyside Police Det Insp Steve Christian told The Sun: “While the occupiers were not in at the time, it has clearly been very upsetting to find their home has been targeted in this way."
Firmino, who faces a drink-drive charge after being pulled over on Christmas Eve, is the latest in a string of footballers to have been targeted by burglars.
- France, Belgium sweat over injured Mbappe and Hazard World Cup 2018 5 days ago
- Transport: Metro rail system best bet for KenyaWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Kimitei beats Kangogo to wear 5,000m crown at Kenya Prisons meetAthletics 1 day ago
- English star 'to miss' Tunisia match to attend to pregnant wifeWorld Cup 2018 17 hours ago
- D-day for Morocco, USA as Fifa select 2026 World Cup host todayFootball 4 days ago
- Arsenal legend robbed Shs 1M upon arrival in RussiaFootball 1 week ago