Maseno School lose basketball crown
Kisumu Boys High School are the new Lake Region Secondary School Term One A Basketball Champions.
Defending Champions Maseno School were on Saturday thrashed 59-54 by Kisumu Boys to lose the Lake Region Secondary Schools Term One ‘A’ basketball title in a tantalizing final staged at St Mary’s Yala in Siaya County.
“KB” as they are nicknamed and famously known announced their intent to clinch the title just in the first quarter when they came from behind to force a 12-12 in the first quarter.
They lost by a basket in the second quarter that ended 13-12, and in the third quarter lost 23-17.
However, the Collins Onyim coached side put up a spirited fight in the last quarter to win 18-06 to deny Maseno to second title defeat in a row after snatching the Kisumu County title a fortnight ago when the sides met at Chemelil Academy.
Onyim said, “Today is Easter, I thank Jesus for sacrificing his life for us. With him we won this title.”
- Gor eager to dim New Stars: Kenyan champions need to be at their best as they face New Stars of CameroonFootball 4 hours ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 2 months ago
- Tottenham star arrested on suspicion of assaulting girlfriendPremier League 3 days ago
- James Odu Cobra: Gone but not forgottenFootball 1 day ago
- Serena Williams ‘Woman’ of The Year GQ cover sparks controversyTennis 2 months ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 1 month ago
- View the latest EPL table after Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0Football 5 hours ago