Maseno School lose basketball crown
Kisumu Boys High School are the new Lake Region Secondary School Term One A Basketball Champions.
Defending Champions Maseno School were on Saturday thrashed 59-54 by Kisumu Boys to lose the Lake Region Secondary Schools Term One ‘A’ basketball title in a tantalizing final staged at St Mary’s Yala in Siaya County.
“KB” as they are nicknamed and famously known announced their intent to clinch the title just in the first quarter when they came from behind to force a 12-12 in the first quarter.
They lost by a basket in the second quarter that ended 13-12, and in the third quarter lost 23-17.
However, the Collins Onyim coached side put up a spirited fight in the last quarter to win 18-06 to deny Maseno to second title defeat in a row after snatching the Kisumu County title a fortnight ago when the sides met at Chemelil Academy.
Onyim said, “Today is Easter, I thank Jesus for sacrificing his life for us. With him we won this title.”
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago