Maseno School lose basketball crown
Kisumu Boys High School are the new Lake Region Secondary School Term One A Basketball Champions.
Defending Champions Maseno School were on Saturday thrashed 59-54 by Kisumu Boys to lose the Lake Region Secondary Schools Term One ‘A’ basketball title in a tantalizing final staged at St Mary’s Yala in Siaya County.
“KB” as they are nicknamed and famously known announced their intent to clinch the title just in the first quarter when they came from behind to force a 12-12 in the first quarter.
They lost by a basket in the second quarter that ended 13-12, and in the third quarter lost 23-17.
However, the Collins Onyim coached side put up a spirited fight in the last quarter to win 18-06 to deny Maseno to second title defeat in a row after snatching the Kisumu County title a fortnight ago when the sides met at Chemelil Academy.
Onyim said, “Today is Easter, I thank Jesus for sacrificing his life for us. With him we won this title.”
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 1 week ago
- TaeKwondo: Mombasa to host World Taekwondo Demonstration DaySports 5 days ago
- 220 MILLION EUROS! Barcelona to meet shock Neymar release clauseFootball 4 days ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 5 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 4 days ago
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 4 days ago
- Is athletics legend a victim of his trust?Athletics 3 days ago