An eight-year-old battle over directorship of a land-buying company in Nakuru is far from over.
Cheruiyot arap Chemgwony, 67, who claims to be the only surviving director of Solai Ruiyobei Company Limited last week sued the Registrar of Companies.
He is seeking to have a document from the registrar confirming officials of the company issued on August 7 without his knowledge revoked.
Through lawyer Okumu Ong'ang'o in a suit filed at the Nakuru High Court, Chemgwony says the document known as CR-12 should be stayed and those listed as directors barred from conducting any business on behalf of the company.
- 1 No-fault insurance is long overdue
- 2 Unscrupulous traders target youth to win State contracts
- 3 Italian claims court ‘duped’ in ruling
- 4 JSC grills law officer over failure to automate unit
The CR-12, according to court documents, was issued in the names of Charles Olari Chebet, Musa Kiptoo, Musa Cherop, Jackson Moro, Richardson Kipkoech, Jackson Changwony, Daniel Barno, the estates of Morogo Chebet and Kiprono Chebet – all named as interested parties in the case.
High Court judge Joel Ngugi directed Chemgwony to file for a judicial review within 21 days, serve the parties and return to court for an inter parties hearing on October 6.
In the case, Chemgwony wants the Registrar of Companies compelled to replace the names of those listed. He has recommended to have Kipkoech Chebet, Kipkutol Korir, Silas Kiprotich, Jackson Tuitek, Kipkulei Chelego, Mugasa Onyango, James Tomno, Edward Koech Simon Kandie and Philip Sirma listed.
Chemgwony said Olari and other people are working tirelessly to become directors of the company and that there are efforts to subvert the cause of justice.
The court battle of the company's directorship originated from minutes dated July 18, 2012 for a meeting in which two directors were purportedly replaced after they resigned. It later emerged that the two directors named as Morogo Chebet and Kiprono Chebet were long dead.