Nakuru mum aged 22 in the dock over death of four-month-old baby
By Faith Karanja | November 15th 2018
A 22-year-old woman accused of strangling her baby to death has been detained for five more days to allow police to conclude their investigation.
Mercy Chepng’eno (pictured) was in court on Wednesday after spending 10 days in custody.
She is expected to answer to charges of infanticide.
her charge sheet says she committed the offence on October 21, 2018, at Olenguone in Nakuru County.
The baby was four months old.
Her lawyer George Wajackoyah objected to the plea by the prosecution to have her detained.
He told Magistrate Kennedy Cheruyuiyot that Chepng’eno has been in custody for two weeks and does not have a change of clothes.
The magistrate said 10 days is a long time.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession