One person died and another was injured after they were electrocuted by low lying power lines.
The two were rushed to Lodwar County and Referral Hospital and Medical Superintendent Gilchrist Lokoel said the two were swimming in River Turkwel, on the Napetet side, when the accident occurred.
The superintendent said the deceased, 20-year-old Joshua Ng'asike, is alleged to have touched the electric wires which electrocuted him and his brother, 17-year-old Rashid Natelengu, was jolted when he tried to save him.
"Ng'asike was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital while Natelengu, who appeared to be in shock, was admitted although he has no physical injuries," Lokoel said.
- 1 Woman dies after being electrocuted by a refrigerator
- 2 Electric shock survivors referred to Kenyatta National Hospital
- 3 Kenya Power worker electrocuted in Nairobi
- 4 Boy electrocuted on touching live wire
Shukri Abdi, the boy's mother said she was in Lodwar town when she received a call with the shocking news.
"I was in town looking for a car that was to take us to Lokiriama since schools are opening soon. I received a call from home urging me to rush back because something bad had happened. I rushed back and was shocked to hear my friends wailing and shouting that Joshua was dead," she said.
Shukri said she fell down when she saw her 17-year-old being carried to the ambulance and before she could recover, she saw the immobile body of her other son being brought into the house.
"Everyone was confused, not sure whether he was dead or alive and we took him to hospital for confirmation," said the distraught mother.
Locals have asked Kenya Power to work on the power lines to avoid more casualties.