Raila Odinga loses another key political ally to Jubilee
By Steve Mkawale | April 13th 2016
Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga's ally in the Orange Democratic Movement has decamped to Jubilee.
Reverend Lawrence Bomet's decision to quit ODM comes hot on the heels of a declaration by Nakuru Town West MP Samuel Arama that he would defend his seat on a Jubilee ticket in 2017.
Bomet contested the Nakuru gubernatorial seat on an ODM ticket in 2013 but lost to Governor Kinuthia Mbugua.
He joined the ruling coalition in an elaborate ceremony presided over by the respected Myoot Council of Elders led by chairman Major (Rtd) John Seii.
He said his decision to quit ODM was arrived at after a series of consultations with elders, local leaders and his supporters.
Suluhu: Closer ties for Kenya and Tanzania
By Allan Mungai
- Kivutha Kibwana faulted for hiring brother as Health chief officer
By Grace Nganga
- Frosty ties between police and Olenguruone residents
- Want to know the truth about the dead? Read the obituaries
By XN Iraki
- Puzzle of SMS, tweet that sunk Raila ally
- Real estate dealer ordered to pay building firm Sh13m