Fire breaks out at Kisumu's Prosperity House
By Harold Odhiambo
| September 5th 2021
A fire broke out at Prosperity House in Kisumu Sunday afternoon gutting property of unknown value, County Commissioner Josephine Ouko said.
The fire, which was contained by firefighters at around 4:30pm, reportedly broke out on the ninth floor of the building which houses, among others, Kisumu County Headquarters, Lake Victoria Basic Commission (LVBC) and Huduma Center.
It is still unclear what caused the inferno.
This is the second time an office in the former Nyanza Provincial Headquarters Building has caught fire after a similar incident in February 2021 when a blaze destroyed vital documents and equipment.
Vaginal ring boosts fight against HIV infectionThe ring targets individuals at high risk of HIV infection and discordant couples
Covid-19: eight die, 155 in ICU as 480 test positiveTotal recoveries now stand at 228,083 after 809 patients recovered from the disease in the last 24 hours
Jimi Wanjigi says Raila Odinga's Sh6,000 monthly stipend is unrealistic
By Jane Mugambi
- New lobby, MPs join crusade to market Raila in Mt Kenya
By Allan Mungai
- Is DP Ruto an unassailable frontrunner or mere pacesetter?
By Oscar Obonyo
- Ruto or Raila? Kiunjuri’s gamble over 2022 candidate
- Murang’a leaders endorse Peter Kenneth to deputise Raila Odinga
- Relief as friends raise Sh16 million to pay Monari's bill