Lawyer Cliff Ombeta to run for MP seat on UDA ticket
By Erick Abuga
| June 29th 2021
Lawyer Cliff Ombeta has expressed interest in the Bonchari parliamentary seat in the 2022 General Election.
Ombeta says he will vie for the position on a United Democratic Alliance (UDA) Party, which is linked to Deputy President William Ruto.
In the May 16 Bonchari by-election, Ombeta threw his support behind the then-UDA candidate Teresa Bitutu.
Bitutu lost the contest to ODM’s Pavel Oimeke.
Speaking to The Standard on Tuesday, June 29, Ombeta said he was ready to run for the Bonachari MP seat in 2022.
The lawyer made the remarks during the launch of an UDA Party office in Suneka Town, Nyamira County.
“I am ready for the [Bonchari parliamentary] battle,” he said.
Kilifi county unveils digital property registryThe new system is replacing the manual processing of development permits and other services.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Eyes on president as he hosts succession front-runners
- Mwangi Kiunjuri calls for referendum in 100 days of next government
- Ndichu brothers respond to viral confrontation video
By Jael Mboga
- Uhuru breaks silence on Mt Kenya politics
- Court orders murder suspect Jowie not to live or work out of hometown
By Paul Ogemba
- DPP seeks to drop charges against six in Arror, Kimwarer dams case
By Paul Ogemba