Two children killed as family house collapses in Bondo
By Isaiah Gwengi | May 1st 2021
Two children were killed after their house collapsed at Ururi village, Bondo Sub-County, on Saturday morning.
The two, Juliana Achieng', 2, and Mary Achieng’,12, were sleeping in the house together with their parents when the incident happened.
Their father, Fredrick Achieng’, who survived the tragedy, told The Standard that the incident happened at around midnight.
"Our roof was first blown off before the walls collapsed on us, killing our two children," said Achieng’.
He said villagers who rushed to the scene after they heard screams rescued them.
He appealed to well-wishers to help him get shelter and meet the burial expenses for his two children.
The bodies were taken to Bondo sub-county hospital mortuary.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
The danger in eating street boiled eggs and kachumbari
- Family and friends lay flowers at spot where Allan Ngugi died
- Samuel Wanjiru: Two women’s account on the death of a man they loved
- Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- Why BBI is a do or die affair for Raila
By Oscar Obonyo
- ODM pushes for Uhuru to endorse Raila's presidency