Family appeals for help to retrieve body of kin
By Isaiah Gwengi | September 16th 2020
A family in Gem Sub-County is pleading with the government to help them retrieve the body of their 40-year-old kin who was killed and his body dumped in the waters of Lake Victoria three weeks ago.
James Osala who was a fisherman at Mihuru Bay in Migori County is said to have gone about his normal fishing expedition together with his three colleagues on August 23, when they were allegedly attacked by unknown people.
According to his younger brother Jacob Nyadenge, the deceased together with his colleagues had gone into the Tanzanian waters near Gozba Island where they were attacked. The other fishermen jumped into the lake to swim for safety.
"My brother was unluckily caught by the attackers who hacked him to death before throwing his body into the lake," he told The Standard.
Speaking at their rural home in Nyangore village, Kambare sub-location, he stated that the attackers are said to have made away with the boat’s engine. "We learnt of this incident three days later before we went to Mihuru Bay and began searching for the body in vain," he added.
The distraught Nyadenge said that they have spent a lot of money on the searching exercise that has yielded no fruits.
They have therefore pleaded with the government to help them find the body so that they can accord their relative a decent send-off.
Meanwhile, the body of a 17-year-old Lions High School student who drowned in River Yala last month has been retrieved.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession