Man charged for trying to kill granny over stray chicken
| Feb 10th 2014 | 1 min read
NYERI: A 25-year-old man has been arraigned before a Nyeri court for attempting to kill his grandmother because she allowed her chickens to get into his garden.
The man was charged that on July 6, 2013 he attempted to kill his grandmother at her home at Mukarara village, Nyeri County, for letting her hens get into his garden.
The court heard that the granny screamed and when a rescuer went to check what was happening, the accused was allegedly holding a panga ready to cut off his grandmother’s head.
The court also heard that after the rescue mission, the accused person continued to abuse his grandmother, threatening to kill her.
The accused however denied the charges. The case will be heard further on March 5.
2,000 vehicles held at port over eight-year ruleMore than 2,000 imported motor vehicles have been held up at the port of Mombasa over the eight-year age rule.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss