Teenage girl raped in car park as two women pin her down

The teenager was pinned to the ground and robbed before being raped, police believe

The 18-year-old victim was grabbed, hurled to the floor and robbed before she was raped in the car park in Manchester city centre, police believe.

A teenage girl was raped in a city centre car park after being pinned to the ground and robbed by two young women, it is claimed.

The 18-year-old victim was grabbed and hurled to the floor by the man in Manchester in the early hours of yesterday morning.

She was then allegedly held down by him and one of the women, while the second female robbed her, the Manchester Evening News reports.

The man subsequently raped the teenager, before the trio fled the scene.

Police were first called to Major Street car park, behind Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court near the Gay Village, at 2.50am.

Detectives investigating the attack say the victim - who cannot be named for legal reasons - was thrown to the ground and held down as her handbag was ransacked.

She was then raped, before her three attackers ran off towards the Village.

The first woman, who helped to restrain the victim, is described as being approximately 18 years old, of mixed race, scrawny build and had her hair tied up in a ponytail.

The second woman, who robbed the victim after going through her handbag, is described as mixed race, in her early 20s and had her hair in a messy ponytail.

Both women spoke with local accents. It’s not yet known what items were stolen.

The man who raped her is described as white, in his early 20s, with a slim build and a clean shaven face. He was wearing sports clothing.

Detectives leading the investigation are now asking that anyone who may have seen a group matching the description of the suspects before or after the rape took place to contact police immediately.

The time period for this would be between around 2am and 3am.

Detective Inspector Dave Moores of Greater Manchester Police’s Serious Sexual Offences Unit, said: “This was a horrendous attack on a young woman which has, understandably, left her extremely distressed.

“We are providing her with support from specially trained officers and have launched a full investigation.

“I would urge anybody who recognizes the description of these three and thinks they may have seen them in the city centre area between 2am and 3am to please contact police immediately.”

The scene was yesterday cordoned off by police as forensics carried out their investigations.