x Eve Woman Wellness Readers Lounge Leisure and Travel My Man Bridal Health Relationships Parenting About Us Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise BULK SMS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
x

Harry and Meghan's son Archie 'taking his first steps and loving life in LA'

Entertainment By Mirror
The Prince moved to Los Angeles with wife Meghan and their son, Archie (Image: Duke and Duchess of Sussex/Getty)

Harry and Meghan's son Archie is now able to walk and is loving life in the US, according to a royal expert.

The California-based couple, who used to be members of the royal family, have settled into their new life, and the one-year-old is loving it, a friend said.

Yesterday it emerged that Harry and Meghan were winding down their Sussex Royal charity to concentrate on other ventures.

They are living in a £15 million mansion owned by actor and director Tyler Perry, having initially moved to Canada after quitting the royal family earlier this year.

Royal expert Katie Nicholl told Entertainment Tonight : "I think he (Archie) is just about walking.

"He's a very happy little boy, he's loving life in LA."

One-year-old Archie is taking his first steps, a royal expert said (Image: SplashNews.com)

Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, are said to be "grateful" for the time they're getting to spend with their young son.

Ms Nicholl said that they will remain at their current address while they look for their "forever home".

In their brief spell as a royal couple, they came under fire after spending millions refurbishing Frogmore Cottage so they could move in.

This week bombshell court papers revealed that Meghan felt "unprotected by the Institution (the royal family), and prohibited from defending herself."

She is currently taking legal action against her dad Thomas after a letter she sent was published in the Mail on Sunday.

The couple, who quit the royal family earlier this year, say they want to concentrate on new ventures going forward - focusing on eco tourism project Travalyst, which launched last year.

They have reportedly filed paperwork for the royal foundation to be officially dissolved, with trustees set to step down.

The couple with Archie in South Africa last year (Image: WireImage)

An insider told Newsweek : "Following previous announcements that The Duke and Duchess will not be using the name 'Sussex Royal' and will not continue with a foundation in its name, paperwork has been filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission to formally close the charity down.

"This will appear on the online public record in the coming days.

"The charity formally enters a period of 'solvent liquidation'."

Harry will remain at the helm until the charity is finally closed, the source said.

Newsweek reports that the couple will focus their attention on Travalyst - an eco-tourism scheme aimed at reducing the environmental damage caused by travel.

Harry and Meghan - who have themselves come under fire over their use of private jets - will be concentrating on how the travel industry can recover from the coronavirus crisis, the source said.

Share this article

RELATED STORIES

Stay Ahead!

Access premium content only available
to our subscribers.

Support independent journalism
×
Log in
Support independent journalism
Create an account    Forgot Password
Create An Account
Support independent journalism
I have an account Log in
Reset Password
Support independent journalism
Log in