× Digital News Videos Health & Science Opinion Education Columnists Cartoons Lifestyle Moi Cabinets Arts & Culture Ramadhan Special Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS

Three men who gang raped woman near her sleeping baby for combined total of 50 years

By Mirror | February 3rd 2016

Guildford: Three men who subjected a young woman to horrific five-day rape ordeal as her baby slept nearby have been jailed for 50 years.

The victim was left bruised and bleeding by the horrendous attack carried out by Joseph Noye, 27, Charlie Jones, 28, and 36-year-old James Wilson in October 2014.

During a 12-week trial, Guildford Crown Court heard how the woman, aged 21 at the time, was afraid to call police because her toddler was in the next room.

Jones had been allowed into the flat under false pretences but then forced her to perform sex acts.

Over the following days, he then invited others to come and join him.

The victim was also sexually assaulted with a bottle of vodka and a TV remote, the court heard.

Jones was found guilty on five counts of rape, two counts of assault by penetration, two counts of sexual assault, one count of criminal damage and one count of actual bodily harm and jailed for 20 years.

Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!

Take a survey

Noye was found guilty on one count of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of criminal damage and jailed for 10 years.

Wilson was found guilty on two counts of rape and sentenced to 10 years in jail.

A fourth man man was cleared of rape but convicted of stealing the victim's mobile phone.

Three other men were cleared of charges including rape.

Prosecutor Jenny Knight read out a victim impact statement during the trial, which said: "I was too scared to go home and was moved out of the area.

"I had grown up in [xxxx] and apart from a very short time away from there this was the place I knew and my home. I couldn't go back to the flat as I thought I would be in danger."

The victim described how she was taken to the A&E department at East Surrey Hospital following the attacks and believed she might have post-traumatic stress disorder.

The statement continued: "I would often have images of Charlie Jones standing at the bottom of my bed while I was in bed

"My mental health has not been stable and I am still on medication.

"During the events I did receive injuries.


"These caused me ongoing pain for a while. I have difficulty and struggle talking to men. I find it hard to trust men now.

"To try and cope with what has happened to me, I have tried to pretend that it hasn't.

"What has happened to me has turned my life upside down and I'm now working to try and rebuild it."

Detective Constable Ben Andreas said: "This was a complex and lengthy investigation and I welcome the sentences passed today.

"The offences these men committed against their victim were horrific, and although the sentences passed today will never take away the trauma the woman experienced, I hope they go some way to help her move on with her life.

"I hope the lengthy sentences passed to these offenders will encourage any victim of sexual assault or abuse to report their ordeal to police so they can be investigated thoroughly."

Share this story
I am a victim of mistaken identity, claims Mpeketoni mass murder suspect
A key suspect in the 2014 Mpeketoni mass murders yesterday told a judge that Al Shabaab militants spared him after he recited the Shahada.
I eagerly await my baby's first steps
Spina Bifida, and though rare in the general population, it is the most common neural tube defect in the world