Cabinet secretary says Sh180m youth cash missing
By Anne Wagema
| March 3rd 2016
Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs Cabinet Secretary Sicily Kariuki has denied reports that the Youth Enterprise Development Fund lost Sh400 million.
Kariuki, while on a visit to hand over Uwezo funds cheques in Nakuru town yesterday, said only Sh180 million had not been accounted for. She also said the fund's Chief Executive Officer Catherine Namuye had already stepped aside to pave way for investigations.
"Only Sh180 million was not accounted for and investigations are underway. The Public Investment Committee (PIC) will submit a report on the same," she said.
The CS was commenting on the ongoing probe by PIC which questioned the fund's chairman Bruce Odhiambo on Tuesday.
She said the ministry was working on restoring public confidence after allegations of fraud rocked the management for the fund.
Taveta County to settle 5,000 squatters on Criticos’ FarmMachungwani Farm, which the National Land Commission reverted to the county after the end of its 99-year lease in 2004, will be used to settle over 5,000 squatters who claim it is their ancestral land, and have been living on it for decades.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption