Kenya to host tourism meeting next year
Kenya has won a bid to host the executive council meeting of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation next year. In a competitive decision made three days ago in Iran, Kenya’s Tourism Minister Najib Balala was also elected the first vice-chairman of UNWTO. Mr Balala said the nomination was not only good for Kenya, but also for like-minded countries in the sub-Saharan Africa intending to boost their share in global tourism. "We have wide plans of improving our local tourism industry ," he said.
Controversy hits appointment of new Nock chiefEfforts to recruit a new managing director (MD) for the National Oil Corporation of Kenya (Nock) hit a snag after the firm contracted to carry out the exercise short listed individuals who could not meet the mark.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat