Cash remains popular mode of payment despite growth in digital payments
A new report from Financial Sector Deeping (FSD Kenya) indicates more than 92 per cent of people working in the country’s agriculture sector and 94.6 per cent of entrepreneurs receive their payments in cash. Further, 43.3 per cent of consumers in formal employment receive their payments in cash.
By Macharia Kamau and Frankline Sunday | 4 years ago
Why Kenya’s Silicon Savannah dream has turned into a mirage
It was to take on Bangalore - the centre of India’s high-tech industry - and America’s Silicon Valley.
Macharia Kamau and Frankline Sunday | 2 months ago
Coal dream up in flames as last backer of Lamu project pulls out
After converting into the clean-power gospel, financiers of the Sh200 billion undertaking have been withdrawing one after the other.
Macharia Kamau and Frankline Sunday | 8 months ago
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession
- Why lawyer wants Uhuru jailed
- Uhuru's Sh1.4tr legacy projects to rejuvenate Coast economy