Four children scalded by hot water at illegal distillery in Kericho

Doctors at Kericho Referral Hospital attending to the four children who were scalded by hot water at a Chang’aa den in Chappell village in Kericho County.
An Illegal distillery business in Kapsoit ward turned tragic after a pot of hot water cracked scalding four children.

The children from Cheplel village were asleep near the fireplace when the hot water splashed on them.

Kericho County Health Services Department Chief officer Dr David Ekuwam said minors aged between three months and six years are fighting for their lives at the Kericho County hospital.

They all suffered slightly over 40 per cent body burns.

Kapsoit ward MCA Paul Chirchir said he will write to the relevant security heads including the Interior CS Fred Matiang’i over the failure by local authorities to fight alcohol and drug abuse in the area.

“Our pleas as the people of Kapsoit have always fallen on deaf ears,” he said.

More to follow…

We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.

Hot WaterChangáa DenIllicit BrewChangáa