Court stops Governor Waititu from invading Sh100 million Corporation Land
SEE ALSO :Waititu grilled again over graft claimsThe dispute started last week when Governor Ferdinand Waititu is said to have ordered the invasion to pave the way for the expansion of a bus park under construction on adjacent land. LEASE AGREEMENT The corporation claimed the county government’s earth movers invaded the property and started demolishing houses and cutting down trees. Postmaster-General Dan Kagwe claimed he wrote to the governor asking him to keep off the land as the corporation had signed a lease agreement with a businessman to put up a petrol station on the land but his pleas were disregarded. He said the land was eased to James Mungai for 10 years and that the businessman had paid a Sh143, 000 fee to the county for change of user. The case will be heard on October 25.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.