Please enable JavaScript to view advertisements.
×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Kenya’s Boldest Voice
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Manchester United join Arsenal and Barcelona in race to sign next Gareth Bale

Nottingham midfielder Oliver Burke [PHOTO: COURTESY]

Manchester United are keen on signing Nottingham Forest's 19-year-old midfielder Oliver Burke. Manchester united Manager Jose Mourinho sees Burke as a player who could benefit the Red Devils in the future and is ready to loan him back to the City Ground should a deal be completed, said The Sun on Sunday.

Burke plays predominantly as a right-winger for Forest. He has two international caps for the Scotland national team and has been compared to Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale. The Sun says West Brom had a £6m ($8m) bid rejected by Forest for Burke earlier this summer, while German giants Bayern Munich have spoken to the Championship club about a possible £10m deal. Arsenal and Barcelona are also interested in the player, with the latter sending scouts to watch his performances.

Premium Article

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.

Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
Continue Reading  →
What you get
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimised reading
  • Weekly newsletters & digests
Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payments Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902
Support Independent Journalism

Stand With Bold Journalism.
Stand With The Standard.

Journalism can't be free because the truth demands investment. At The Standard, we invest time, courage and skills to bring you accurate, factual and impactful stories. Subscribe today and stand with us in the pursuit of credible journalism.

Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payment Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902

Follow The Standard on Google News