Planning Minister Wycliffe Oparanya says ODM is courting Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi for an alliance.
Mr Oparanya disclosed that they have been persuading Mudavadi to form an alliance with ODM to secure the Western bloc in the March 4 General Election.
The minister, who is also the Butere MP, said they were keen on ensuring that votes from the region were not divided.
“We are not asking Mudavadi to dissolve his party but to join ODM as a coalition partner,” he said.
He said ODM is looking for like-minded individuals to form a coalition that will guarantee victory in March 4 General Election.
“Plans are under way for a coalition between ODM and other viable individuals with Mudavadi’s UDF being our target,” he said.
The minister was speaking in Shinyalu constituency, Kakamega County, yesterday, during an ODM delegates meeting.
Next Story »
- 15 die as matatu plunges into valley at Nandi Hills
- University staff vow to push on with strike
- House committee wants CDF kitty given Sh12b more
- Standard Media Group journalist bags prestigious David Astor Journalism Awards
- Shebesh formally withdraws case against Kidero
- Low fat diets do not prevent heart disease, top scientist warns