Planning Minister Wycliffe Oparanya says ODM is courting Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi for an alliance.
Mr Oparanya disclosed that they have been persuading Mudavadi to form an alliance with ODM to secure the Western bloc in the March 4 General Election.
The minister, who is also the Butere MP, said they were keen on ensuring that votes from the region were not divided.
“We are not asking Mudavadi to dissolve his party but to join ODM as a coalition partner,” he said.
He said ODM is looking for like-minded individuals to form a coalition that will guarantee victory in March 4 General Election.
“Plans are under way for a coalition between ODM and other viable individuals with Mudavadi’s UDF being our target,” he said.
The minister was speaking in Shinyalu constituency, Kakamega County, yesterday, during an ODM delegates meeting.
Next Story »
- Mutunga vows to defend the constitution
- December 11th UEFA Champions League Fixtures
- Uasin Gishu patients’ lives at the mercy of staff
- Chelsea’s John Terry spotted with basketful of bargains in Poundworld
- Counties grapple with nightmare of ‘sick’ hospitals
- Man United 1-0 Shakhtar: Moyes confused by EPL woes after UEFA progression