Kerry arrives in Vienna as world powers prepare to lift sanctions against Iran
By Reuters | January 16th 2016
VIENNA: U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Vienna on Saturday as Iran and Western powers finalized arrangements for the lifting of sanctions against Tehran under a landmark nuclear deal clinched last year.
Kerry is expected to go directly into a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who arrived in Vienna earlier. The International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. body, is set to issue a report triggering the lifting of sanctions imposed by the United Nations, United States and European Union.
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip
- Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Raila now blows hot and cold in debate on judicial impasse
By Brian Otieno